Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Olympic Love

I arrived home from my European/Moroccan adventure last weekend and dove right into Olympic Fever. I've suddenly found myself not only fascinated by everything from gymnastics to road biking.
I've never been anywhere near 'sporty' in my life. I played soccer when I was 4 and remember coming home sobbing because I was covered in mud from the spring grass. I gave it another try freshman year of high school, but after realizing you need actual skill to play in high school, quit.

I do, however, have an appreciation for the dedication and perseverance of these athletes! The citibank (?) commercial comes to mind with the athlete voice overs of "I haven't watched tv in 2 years" and "I haven't had a dessert since I was 10." I guess with great sacrifices (of things I don't think I could go a week without) come great accomplishments and it's quite inspiring to watch! So much so I'm considering starting to train for another half marathon....but I'll have to keep you updated on how long that lasts :)

Mr. Colwill sporting his Ralph Lauren Pull Over
Another that comes with the territory of watching human beings in peak physical condition everyday on TV is a crush. In Beijing my Olympic crush was Chris Colwill of the diving team (I may have even facebook friended him). He is back this year, but considering I've given it 4 years and it hadn't turned into anything I thought I should move on.



There is no doubt that Mr. Lochte tops almost all American single woman's list with those piercing blue eyes that pair so nicely with an, oh so preppy, Ralph Lauren polo. Now don't get me wrong here, I'm #teamlochte all the way; I just think the way he's handled his wins hasn't been exactly gentleman-like and he definitely lost some points with me.

.

 
Luckily, I was able to catch some men's indoor volleyball on Saturday morning and Matt Anderson caught my eye. And coming in at 6' 9' makes him the epitome of tall, dark and handsome.
I'm fully committed to Mr. Anderson being my 2012 Olympic crush. Go Team USA!




No comments:

Post a Comment