Saturday, August 4, 2012

Bubbles {& Bitters}

One of my absolute favorite things about my Europe trip was the drinking culture. It's so normal to have a glass of wine with lunch, another one or 2 for happy hour and casual drink a bottle while enjoying good food and conversation at dinner. There's no rush, it's just simply there to enhance the magic of everyday life.
Needless to say we drank a lot of alcohol, but we struggled to find a drink or a wine that wasn't too sweet.  After a little googling last weekend for an 'american' drink for an Opening Ceremony party I was going to I believe I've found the perfect summer drink!

The Americana
served on ice, in a Collins Glass
1/2oz of  Makers Mark
3 dashes of Bitters
chilled Champagne
Garnish with a Peach Slice



No comments:

Post a Comment