Saturday, December 8, 2012

Obsession: My Fitness Pal

Back in November, when Kingsley came back to Cali for a pre-Thanksgiving Thanksgiving she introduced me to a lovely app, "My Fitness Pal". Essentially it helps you track your daily calorie intake and exercise.  I was hesitant at first since I've tried Weight Watchers and that turned into "Well, I have 30 points/day and if double-stuffed oreos are 5 points each I'll just starve all day and eat six oreos for dinner". But I fired it up and gave it a shot anyway.


Turns out, I LOVE IT!!!

The app has 3 options. Lose Weight. Gain Weight and Maintain Weight. When you start it up you enter your current height, weight (and measurements if you want to get serious) and your goal weight. It will then give you a daily calorie allotment so, in my case, you loose about 2lbs/week.




If you work out with a heart monitor or on a machine that counts calories then you can enter your calories burned in the exercise tab. If not, it helps you estimate based on what you did and how long you did it for. 


You also have to enter everything you eat. Which I thought was going to be a pain and make me sad, but it actually is very helpful. It takes everything you eat and breaks it down into your daily nutrition and graphs that show you where your calories are coming from. Its become a game each day to get different numbers up (or down) and I'm kind of addicted!  



It's a good addiction though because I've lost 5lbs in the last month!!

1 comment:

  1. I like live for this app! Not kidding, it's so addicting. I just got surgery so I can't exercise and its messing up my whole diary -- my addiction is that bad.

    Love your blog! :)

    mycollegiatecloset.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete