Monday, December 3, 2012

November Goals {Follow Up}

So December is finally here!! We got our Christmas tree last night and I'm feeling especially Christmas-y now! That also means it's time to evaluate my progress on my November goals.....

#1) Be more Positive! - CHECK!...?
I don't really know if there is a way to evaluate this one, but I do feel like I made an effort to stop and remind myself that there is a silver lining to everything! I don't know if it is because I've been busier or actually just looking on the bright side but I feel pretty satisfied with my life last month. Looking forward to the craziness of December and keeping my November goal in mind!


#2) Finish 1 Book - eh?
.....well, I didn't exactly 'finish' a book, but I did make more of an effort to read!  I've gotten about 3/4ths of the way through The Great Gatsby. Which, considering I bought it LAST November and had only read the first chapter, is faster than I was averaging :) I love the book though! It is completely different than I remember from High School, but in a good way. I absolutely cannot wait for the movie to come out!!!



#3) Workout 3x a Week! - CHECK!
It took me a week and a half to get into it, but since November 11th I've been hitting up BurnSF at least 3x a week. I love it because it's close to my apartment, but also it incorporates cardio, strength and Pilates all in one!!! I've been reading more and more how you have to start strength training in your twenties to keep your muscles and your metabolism up. I am definitely not one to get up and go to the weight room on her own so I've experimented with a couple classes. I did a weight class at the gym, which wasn't that challenging for me and then I tried the Bar Method this summer. I liked the Bar Method, but if I went 3x a week I felt like I had put in my workouts and never did cardio, which is still necessary!! BurnSF brings it all together and adds Pilates to keep us short gals as long and lean as we can be!


#4) Be more Budget Conscious  - CHECK!...?
I haven't been sticking to my budget completely, but I have cut back on lazy cab rides and un-necessaries (which may or may not vary depending on the moment). I did set up a budget on my bank's website though so I got a start! And I also rejiggered my 401k accounts so hopefully I'll be rich when I retire! It's like when you're dieting.....baby steps right?

#5) Get Christmas Shopping Done! - CHECK!
I'm officially checking this off, because even though they haven't been created yet I've picked everything out.

Brother- I have purchased my brother's gift and mailed it home for X-Mas! I got a GREAT deal at J.Crew on cyber Monday.

Parents - For my parent's I've decided to make them this:


My family has moved A LOT; 10 houses and 6 states. So I thought it'd be cute to get a snapshot of our family at the time we lived in those places and frame them with the map.  I have my Grandma's on picture patrol, but if they can't come up with enough I have this as my backup. I think instead of hearts I'll just cut out the states and put little hearts on the cities we've lived in!
Grandparents - I bought one sets of Grandparents tickets to the Nutcracker in Chicago when I'm back, followed immediately, by my Dad's gift to them of a "delicious" Swedish Smorgasbourd dinner in Andersonville. If you sensed sarcasm you were right. Silver Lining (see goal #1) - no worring about Holiday weight gain that night!

Co-Workers and Acquaintances -I am going to attempt to make homemade Caramels next weekend for my co-workers!....stay tuned for a blogpost on that. Considering I lit the Thanksgiving Pecan Pie on fire, I'll probably be an interesting one.

Friends- Christmas Cards & appropriate gifts have been purchased! Addressing them next weekend!

Wrapping - I am pretty excited for wrapping this year. I LOVE the simple wrapping and fun ribbons. On Pinterest that someone suggested using left over paper bags. (of which we have a ton of in San Francisco since plastic are outlawed....seriously.) I 'm going to use those and get some cute ribbon at Michaels and tie them all up beautifully!



#6) Blog 2x a Week {at least} - CHECK!
Um...did you read them!??

No comments:

Post a Comment