Friday, April 4, 2014

Paleo-ish Strong!



I've been doing "paleo" for about 2 whole months now. I say "paleo" because I sometimes eat gluten/aka delicious carbs, but have been trying to stick to veggies, protein and some fruit 98% of the time. Also, if I do eat junk I make sure I know every word on the ingredients list....and yes, I technically know what high fructose corn syrup is, but I stay away :).

I've been feeling great! I went a little hard core the 2 weeks before my Junior League event and did zero carbs or sugar. It was hard, but I was feeling great. After 2 weeks of being amazing at eating healthy and working out, I decided I could indulge on a scone or cookie....or bag of milanos here and there :)

That was last week and I crashed. Hard. Core. I was either exhausted or so amped up on sugar that I couldn't focus. I never knew what I wanted to eat. My tummy was constantly full, yet my head was constantly hungry (carb addiction). This used to be a normal feeling for me and seeing the differences really made me see how much better I feel focusing on Paleo and I'm looking forward to continuing it.


I need to figure out how though. I no longer live DIRECTLY ACROSS THE STREET from a grocery store. What's this 'meal planning' business people do?


1 comment:

  1. I wish I had the will power to do that! Love your blog.
    -Bailey

    ReplyDelete