Saturday, August 9, 2014

Weekend Wish List

I've been in major electronic lust lately! I hope that doesn't mean I'm becoming a grown up. They're {mostly} for functional reasons so that makes large purchases okay right?

Blender
One of my girlfriends, my current Junior League Co-Char, got me hooked on this amazing protein powder. My old job had all the supplies so I was able to just come into work with my container of powder. No such luck at my new job and spending $8 a day on a smoothie is just not economical. After, extensive, research I think I'm going to go with this Ninja NJ600. It rated better than all but 1 Vitamix in Consumer Reports and it's 1/3rd of the price.

Did I just mention Consumer Reports in blog post? Who am I right now?

Hairdryer
I've spent the last year growing my hair out and I'm searching for new ways of managing it and maintaining its health. Straightening seems to be the quickest, but also the most damaging. Again, at my old job they had super nice hair dryers in the gym so I was able to use them there and blow dry in ~ 20 min. My current $25 Walgreens number takes about 45 mins to blow dry and still leaves all sorts of frizzies. I am sooo longing for a Super Solano!

Clairsonic
I absolutely love my Origins Rice Microdermabrasion scrub. I do it once a week, but I usually wash my face in the shower and its hard to fit into my routine. I'd love to be able to just turn on this little guy and scrub everything off!

Decent Speakers
My company got free tickets to a concert at the symphony hall and I was able to go to, somewhat oddly, Melissa Etheridge playing with the symphony. The sound in there was. ABSOLUTELY. AMAZING. From classic Ravel to 90's rock, everything gave me goosebumps. I really need to upgrade my sad little laptop speakers.

No comments:

Post a Comment