Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Appointment Dating






One of the things I disliked about my last relationship was the lack of spontaneity. Yes, I just said that out loud. Ms. OCD-Type A just said she needed some spontaneity I think it is more natural when you first start out, seeing each other once a week or so requires some a head of time "When are you available next week?", but how much of that should exist as you develop a relationship and have spent a year committed to each other? That was all we ever did and it did not feel natural. Yes it went from once a week, to 3 times a week, but we very rarely saw each other unless there was an appointment and dinner reservations.

As I've started dating a little more seriously, I'm noticing that I'm still dating like that and find myself thinking about where the natural transition between "I'll see you next Thursday at 7pm for Dinner" and "Hey, my friends and I are grabbing drinks after work, want to join?" or the even more intimate "What are you doing now?" happens. On top of that, who should start it? Should you wait for a guy to feel comfortable enough with you to open your relationship up to that possibility or just go with what feels good for you?

Any one have thoughts on this and how you've handled it in your relationships?

No comments:

Post a Comment