Thursday, September 4, 2014

I Heart New York!

I spent my 2007 summer interning in New York City and absolutely fell in love. The energy, the architecture, the people, the culture...I don't know where you can get much better. I've been back a few times since and when my friend, A, asked me to join her for her Birthday trip I was happy to oblige!

We stayed at, the historic, Union League Club in Midtown and had this gorgeous view of the Empire State Building from our room!







Since we both have friends that live in the City we spent Friday night on our own. I was able to meet E and our other former roomie L for some Tapas in the West Village. After E and I spent time in Spain we continued our Tapas crawl in SF so extending to NYC was only necessary.  Tertulia was delicious, so quaint and the staff (although they were skeptical about our ability to finish our Paella) was very nice.  It is unfortunate the SF dinner culture just isn't the same.




Maintaining our west coast time schedule, Saturday we got a bit of a late start. We adventured briefly to the Union Square Farmer's market, on to the East Village for Brunch and then Soho for some shopping!  





Saturday night all of our friends joined us at Sfoglia on the UES for A's Birthday Dinner! Again, such a delicious, quaint, but non-pretentious place. Honestly, the BEST sourdough bread I've had in my life...even after living in SF for almost 6 years!






Sunday we ate the most expensive salad's of our life at Bergdorf's and then continued our Shopping adventures. I had unfortunately come down with cold, so was lacking a bit of energy. We found our way to Ralph Lauren on Madison and after a glass of champagne everything was magically better!




We took it easy that afternoon. After a quick nap we ventured to a Jewish deli near by our hotel for some much needed Matzo Ball soup and, of course, pastrami on rye. We strolled the streets of midtown for bit and enjoyed a cup of tea at the acclaimed Starbucks :) It was the perfect evening to end our fantastic weekend.


We had a few hours to burn on Monday and we decided to head back to the UES to hit the stores we missed Sunday evening (Lilly Pulitzer!) and I was able to stock up on some Black and White Cookies before heading off to the airport!


No comments:

Post a Comment