Thursday, June 4, 2015

Migraine Survival Kit


I can remember having headache's since I was little. I had my first migraine Junior year of High School and was out of commission for about 4 days. Over the last 10 years the symptoms and frequency have only gotten worse.

About 5 years ago I started getting migraines probably 2 or 3 times a year. I'd miss a day of work here and there, but it wasn't too bad. Over the last 2 years however, their frequency and symptoms have changed drastically. I would say have at least 2 A MONTH and miss at least 2 days of work because of them. I even spent 2 days of my Christmas vacation in bed with a migraine.

Early May, I started to exhibit my usual aura symptoms and I knew a headache was coming. My neck seized up, I was vomiting and nothing seemed to be helping. This went on for 7days. A week into it I was finally given lidocaine shots, which help a bit and the severity started to decrease. I was able to go back to work, but I have had a tension headache everyday since.  It's frustrating, it affects my sleep and my life. Laying in a bed for 6 days can get pretty boring and frustrating when your body is healthy and wants to do things but your head just can't. It literally hurts to think. These little luxuries help me get through it and ease some of the pain.




Too block out light. It is so soft and delicate you can barely feel it on your head.

I usually put it around my neck to ease the severe tension I always get

Hands Down the best investment I have ever made. It offers great support, sometimes I can feel the muscles in my neck release when I lay down.

Water
Hydrate! Hydrate! Hydrate!

Wendy's Frosty
A little guilty pleasure. I don't know what it is but every time I get a migraine I crave one. Usually the only thing I can get to stay down. Thank goodness for lactaid pills.

No comments:

Post a Comment