Saturday, November 3, 2012

November Goals

Well it's finally November. Just 2 more months left in the fabulous year of 2012. October was a little hectic for me with work, out of town visitors, brunches, boys being their ridiculous selves, Fleet Week and the Giant's World Series chaos it literally flew by (and I only managed to squeeze out 1 blog post).


So I made my #1 goal for November to get my act together, organize my life and make some goals for the month! We'll have to wait and see how they pan out, but I have to start somewhere and, if anything there will have to be a follow-up post (contributing to Goal #6)!




#1) Be More Positive
One of my favorite things about myself is my sarcastic, and somewhat cynical, sense of humor. While, I wouldn't really think of myself as a "Debbie Downer" I do think those abilities stem  from a more pessimistic view of life. I've started to notice this, outside of my sense of humor a lot lately. Whether it's being sad about feeling like I have no control over my life, to getting up every morning and dreading the people I will encounter on public transportation, it's all becoming exhausting. So I've decided to put it in writing to remind myself to think out side of my usual tunnel and notice the positive things that are happening!

#2) Finish 1 Book
For the last year...and maybe longer I've been starting books and not finishing them (except for the 50 Shades of Grey series all of which I finished in 1 month). I currently have 5 partially read pieces of literature sitting by my bedside and I'm vowing to finish 1 by the end of the month.  My re-reading of The Great Gatsby seems to be the best contender, but Fitzgerald's The Love of the Last Tycoon is close behind. I do still have Decision Points, Let the Great World Spin and MWF seeking BFF as well. So many choices!

#3 Workout 3x a Week
With the start of the Junior League active year, the school year and work swinging into full production. I have had zero time to work out. Exercising has always been more efficient for me to do after work and now my weeks are jam packed full of extra-curricular commitments. Since it's not coming easy I'm going to have to make more of an effort to get myself out of bed in the morning and off to the gym. Classes are most motivating for me and I was doing Bar Method for a while this summer. I loved every part of it except for the "I already worked out today so I don't have to do cardio." that got stuck in my head. I'm looking into BurnSF a cardio and pilates studio not too far from my house. I keep reading that us 20-something gals need both Cardio and Toning to keep our slowing metabolisms up and I'm trying to find the best way to do that. Stay tuned.

#4 Be More Budget Conscious
Apparently with all the craziness of October my credit card got a little crazy too. I have a budget outlined, but it's always kind of worked itself out. I guess I'm going to have to start paying more attention to it. Any good apps or tool tips would be appreciated!!

#5 Get Christmas Shopping Done
Now that it's November is officially the Most Wonderful Time of The Year in my book. As much as I love (zero-sarcasm there) spending December weekends in the decked out stores it's always stressful (see dreading of crowded public places in Goal #1) and December goes by so quickly. I'm hoping to be a little more crafty this year; pinterest as so many amazing things, but all those things mean I need to start early! I'm hoping to ready for crafting, baking and/or wrapping by the end of the month!

#6 Blog 2x a Week (at least)
I always get great ideas for blog posts, but never actually sit down to write them! I'm hoping Goal #6 will give me the motivation to make the time, write them out and entertain you lovelies with my oh-so-fabulous life (read sarcasm).

2 comments:

  1. Love this post! You and Caroline are both blogging about your goals! How about you be more positive about my life for me and I'll be more positive about your life for you? In ONE week we will be judging people at bars together!! :)

    ReplyDelete