Tuesday, September 1, 2015

SF Bucket List: Wine Country

I'd be lying if I was going to say my move to Chicago had been as sudden as it appeared.  I had been thinking about it for a few years and seriously looking for the last 6 months or so. That being said, the final 'Lets Do This!' did happen fairly quickly. I had 4 days after the lay-off to decide if I was going to give my 30 days notice for August, then had to hit the ground running coordinating a move, job searching and saying goodbye to SF. I tried to make a list of all the things I wanted to do before I left then went about squeezing in the activities with seeing people. I honestly didn't have that much I felt I wanted to do and most of it was just revisiting some of my favorite things.
  • Wine Country
  • Baker Beach
  • Foreign Cinema
  • Taqueria Cancun
  • Huntington Square Park
  • Craftsman and Wolves
  • Paragon
Is it sad that having the beautiful Sonoma and Napa Valley's a short drive a way might be what I missed most? I was able to squeeze in 2 visits and they were perfect. I headed up for a bit of wine and sparkling wine tasting for a dear friend's birthday. The weather was absolutely perfect and couldn't have made some sparkling rose more refreshing.


A couple of friends and I had booked at cabana at Silverado Resort in Napa earlier this summer. Coincidently our reservation day turned out to be my last full day in California. I couldn't think of a better way to spend my last moments that laying by a gorgeous pool, soaking up the California sunshine with good friends and good wine.


No comments:

Post a Comment