Sunday, November 25, 2012

San Francisco Thanksgiving Staycation

I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving. Mine was relatively quiet this year. I chose to avoid the crazy and exhausting holiday travel and stay in the city. One of my roomies stayed this year too, she had just been home the previous weekend for her brother's wedding.

It was a perfect weekend, the weather was beautiful, we got out and ran, saw out of town friends and did some fun touristy activities. We also cooked an absolutely delicious Thanksgiving for 2 (that could have fed 8)!


Our Thanksgiving Table
Only 1 minor mishap when the bourbon I was reducing for the Pecan pie caught on fire, but everything came out unscathed (including the pie).

Friday we decided to get out and be active so we rented bikes down at Fisherman's Warf. The original plan was to bike the bridge over to Sausalito, but we ended up going through the Presidio to Ocean Beach. I hadn't ridden a bike (outside of spin class) in maybe 5 years and never did anything super adventurous then. The Presidio is pretty hilly so the first part of the ride tested our endurance. The biggest ( not steepest, but longest) was at the end of the Presidio, but the down hill is along the coast and looks over Sea Cliff and China Beach.

It was absolutely stunning and made the entire ride worth it! I had run the hill before on the Nike Half Marathon, but nothing beats flying down the hill on a bike. It was definitely one of those "only in San Francisco" moments and I'd recommend the ride to anyone coming to visit. Unfortunately I was too busy soaking up the moment to take pictures, but I found this one on google! It doesn't really do the view any justice and it was a much nicer day, but its a little glimpse of what I saw.

No comments:

Post a Comment