Thursday, September 19, 2013

Weekend "Getaways"

I've been heading home "for the weekend" about once a month now for the past 4 months. There have been bachelorette parties, weddings, one of those I-Need-To-Sit-On-The-Couch-At-HOME-And-Do-Nothing weekends. When I say home, I'm referring to my parents house which is.....2,000 miles from San Francisco so heading back for 4 days could be quite the adventure. I've officially mastered airport security and the perfect weekend getaway bag! Last weekend I flew back, for a wedding,  and what will hopefully be the last time before the holidays...heres what I'm tucked away!





I find the classic LL Bean Boat Tote in medium to be the perfect carry-on size! Monogrammed, of course, like Reese is carrying here and seem in the background of my instagram from this weekend above! I do wish I would have gone with the longer handles for a little better over-the-shoulder action.









Vera Bradley's 3-1-1 Cosmetic Case is great for getting liquid toiletries through security! I usually throw this in my purse so I can easily remove it  without unpacking everything.




I love Aveda products, I don't use their shampoo, conditioner and body wash in my normal routine, but I find something luxurious about having them when I'm traveling AND they come in travel size! 










When it comes to your ensembles step 1 is to check the weather! Once you've figured out climates, I've found the best way to pack for a short getaway is to do it by outfit. The nice thing about short travel is that you usually know what you'll be doing (Friday: Dinner/Drinks, Saturday: Wedding,  Sunday: Brunch & Shopping) it's just simple to pick out an outfit  (down to the jewelry, shoes and necessary panties) for each and then pack a few extra basics. Plane Clothes, Sweat Shirt, Yoga pants and you're good to go!







No comments:

Post a Comment